Web Design (CP)
Academic Plans, known as programs, include a overview description and a summary of program requirements. You can search the online catalog via the the Academic Plan links on the right for a desired program or a specific course information.
The Web Design Certificate prepares students to create web graphics, integrate media, and design websites. The program provides a foundation of aesthetic and technical skills through the study of visual design concepts, multimedia technologies and web design practices. Essential skills are developed through practical hands-on experience, real client project work, a focus on professional skills and building a portfolio of work. Graduates can seek employment as a freelance web designer, production artist, web content designer, e-marketing assistant, or other web-related production and support roles within a business.
|General Education Requirements|
|ENGL&101||ENGLISH COMPOSITION I||5|
|or PTWR 135||INTRODUCTION TO APPLIED TECHNICAL WRITING|
|PTCS 110||PROFESSIONAL TECHNICAL COMPUTATIONAL SKILLS||5|
|Select one from the following:||5|
|INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION (5 credits/units)|
|SMALL GROUP COMMUNICATION (5 credits/units)|
|INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS (5 credits/units)|
|INTRO TO SOCIOLOGY (5 credits/units)|
|Major Area Requirements|
|Fine Art Foundations|
|ART 110||CREATIVITY AND CONCEPT||3|
|ART 115||TWO-DIMENSIONAL DESIGN||4|
|ART 118||TIME-BASED ART AND DESIGN||4|
|Computer Graphics Technology|
|CGT 101||PHOTOSHOP RASTER GRAPHICS||4|
|CGT 102||ILLUSTRATOR VECTOR GRAPHICS||4|
|CGT 104||WEB MULTIMEDIA CONTENT I||4|
|CGT 201||WEB VIDEO PRODUCTION||4|
|ART 215||PORTFOLIO DEVELOPMENT||3|
|CTEC 122||HTML FUNDAMENTALS||4|
|CTEC 160||WORDPRESS I||5|
|CGT 105||USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN||4|
|CGT 106||SOCIAL MEDIA EXPLORATION||3|
|CGT 205||WEB DESIGN I||4|
|CGT 206||WEB DESIGN II||4|
|Select one from the following:||4|
|PROFESSIONAL PRACTICES (4 credits/units)|
|CAPSTONE PRACTICUM (4 credits/units)|
|COOPERATIVE WORK EXPERIENCE (4 credits/units required) (1-5 credits/units)|
To learn more about this program's employment outlook, approximate cost and potential careers, please visit the Gainful Employment Program Information page.
Program outcomes are overarching skills that are emphasized and reinforced throughout several courses in a specific program; they are measurable statements that define what students should know or be able to do by the end of a certificate or degree at Clark College. After successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Articulate well-considered ideas and written claims to an academic audience, using effective rhetorical techniques, properly credited evidence, and a command of Standard English. (GE)
- Demonstrate interpersonal/human relations skills. (GE)
- Demonstrate and clearly explain an effective strategy to solve a quantitative problem. (GE)
- Apply fine art theory and design purposeful projects relevant to audience needs.
- Use written, verbal and visual means to effectively present and communicate web design projects.
- Demonstrate work and business ethics in web design practice.
- Synthesize multiple media assets with appropriate interactions and functions.
- Generate original ideas and utilize processes toward solving visual communication problems.
- Implement tools and technology to realize visual ideas.
- Interact, collaborate and implement projects with peers, clients or others in various work environments.
- Effectively organize and manage web design projects.