Web Development (AAT)
Academic Plans, known as programs, include a overview description and a summary of program requirements. You can search the online catalog via the the Academic Plan links on the right for a desired program or a specific course information.
The Web Development AAT degree provides students with a foundational and employable skill set in web programming and development technologies as well experience and skills in web design and media associated with the World Wide Web. Essential skills are developed through practical hands-on experience, real client project work, a focus on professional skills and building a portfolio of work.
|General Education Requirements|
|ENGL&101||ENGLISH COMPOSITION I||5|
|or PTWR 135||INTRODUCTION TO APPLIED TECHNICAL WRITING|
|PTCS 110||PROFESSIONAL TECHNICAL COMPUTATIONAL SKILLS (recommended)||5|
|Or completed MATH course with 'C' or better where prerequisite requirements are MATH 096 or higher|
|or CMST&230||SMALL GROUP COMMUNICATION|
|Major Area Requirements|
|CTEC 160||WORDPRESS I||5|
|ENGL 160||WRITING FOR THE WEB||3|
|CTEC 122||HTML FUNDAMENTALS||4|
|CGT 106||SOCIAL MEDIA EXPLORATION||3|
|Web Media and Supportive Technologies|
|CGT 101||PHOTOSHOP RASTER GRAPHICS||4|
|CGT 104||WEB MULTIMEDIA CONTENT I||4|
|or CGT 201||WEB VIDEO PRODUCTION|
|CTEC 134||MICROSOFT DATABASE ADMIN||5|
|CGT 105||USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN||4|
|CGT 205||WEB DESIGN I||4|
|CGT 206||WEB DESIGN II||4|
|Web Career Preparation and Experience|
|CTEC 199||COOPERATIVE WORK EXPERIENCE||5|
|or CTEC 293||WEB SKILLS PORTFOLIO|
|CTEC 165||BUSINESS WEB PRACTICES||4|
|HDEV 200||PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT||2|
|CTEC 112||PROGRAMMING ESSENTIALS||5|
|or CTEC 121||INTRO TO PROGRAMMING & PROBLEM SOLVING|
|CTEC 127||PHP WITH SQL I||5|
|CTEC 145||WEB SERVER TECHNOLOGY||5|
|CTEC 227||PHP WITH SQL II||5|
|CTEC 265||APPLIED WEB DEVELOPMENT||5|
|or CTEC 135||MICROSOFT SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT WITH C#|
Program outcomes are overarching skills that are emphasized and reinforced throughout several courses in a specific program; they are measurable statements that define what students should know or be able to do by the end of a certificate or degree at Clark College. After successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Web Foundations: Write, organize and publish well written content and code to engage web communities for personal and professional research, marketing, and interaction.
- Web Media: Create original visual graphics, audio, and integrated media design for the web.
- Web Design: Develop interactive websites from concept to design to execution with that provide an effective user experience and meet client needs.
- Web Development: Plan and execute industry standard code, web scripting, and server strategies to capture, integrate and manage data.
- Professional Practices: Demonstrate professional skills and business ethics to communicate and collaborate in various work environments.
- Articulate well-considered ideas and written claims to an academic audience, using effective rhetorical techniques, properly credited evidence, and a command of Standard English. (GE)
- Demonstrate interpersonal/human relations skills. (GE)
- Demonstrate and clearly explain an effective strategy to solve a quantitative problem. (GE)