Web Development (CP)
Academic Plans, known as programs, include a overview description and a summary of program requirements. You can search the online catalog via the the Academic Plan links on the right for a desired program or a specific course information.
The Web Design Certificate prepares students to create web graphics, integrate media, and design websites. The program provides a foundation of aesthetic and technical skills through the study of visual design concepts, multimedia technologies and web design practices. Essential skills are developed through practical hands-on experience, real client project work, a focus on professional skills and building a portfolio of work. Graduates can seek employment as a freelance web designer, production artist, web content designer, e-marketing assistant, or other web-related production and support roles within a business.
|PTCS 110||PROFESSIONAL TECHNICAL COMPUTATIONAL SKILLS||5|
|COLL 101||COLLEGE ESSENTIALS: INTRODUCTION TO CLARK||2|
|CTEC 122||HTML FUNDAMENTALS||4|
|CTEC 165||BUSINESS WEB PRACTICES||4|
|CTEC 112||PROGRAMMING ESSENTIALS||5|
|or CTEC 121||INTRO TO PROGRAMMING & PROBLEM SOLVING|
|CTEC 160||WORDPRESS I||5|
|ENGL&101||ENGLISH COMPOSITION I||5|
|or PTWR 135||INTRODUCTION TO APPLIED TECHNICAL WRITING|
|CTEC 117||USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN||4|
|CTEC 270||WEB AND INTERFACE DESIGN I||4|
|DMA 101||PHOTOSHOP RASTER GRAPHICS||4|
|CTEC 166||WEB CONTENT AND SOCIAL MEDIA||5|
|CTEC 271||WEB AND INTERFACE DESIGN II||4|
To learn more about this program's employment outlook, approximate cost and potential careers, please visit the Gainful Employment Program Information page.
Program outcomes are overarching skills that are emphasized and reinforced throughout several courses in a specific program; they are measurable statements that define what students should know or be able to do by the end of a certificate or degree at Clark College. After successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Articulate well-considered ideas and written claims to an academic audience, using effective rhetorical techniques, properly credited evidence, and a command of Standard English. (GE)
- Demonstrate interpersonal/human relations skills. (GE)
- Demonstrate and clearly explain an effective strategy to solve a quantitative problem. (GE)
- Apply fine art theory and design purposeful projects relevant to audience needs.
- Use written, verbal and visual means to effectively present and communicate web design projects.
- Demonstrate work and business ethics in web design practice.
- Synthesize multiple media assets with appropriate interactions and functions.
- Generate original ideas and utilize processes toward solving visual communication problems.
- Implement tools and technology to realize visual ideas.
- Interact, collaborate and implement projects with peers, clients or others in various work environments.
- Effectively organize and manage web design projects.