Pharmacy Technician Leadership (AAT)
Academic Plans, known as programs, include a overview description and a summary of program requirements. You can search the online catalog via the the Academic Plan links on the right for a desired program or a specific course information.
The Associate in Applied Technology (AAT) in Pharmacy Technician Leadership is intended for those students who would like to continue their education beyond the Pharmacy Technician Certificate of Proficiency. Currently, the Certificate of Proficiency is a one-year program. Courses required for the AAT focus on developing skill sets in leadership, business relations, and professional development. These additional skill sets will provide students with a significant advantage in securing entry-level positions as well as progressing within their career field.
|Preliminary Requirements 1|
|BMED 110||MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY I 2||3|
|BTEC 149||COMPUTER APPLICATIONS ESSENTIALS||3|
|Select one from the following:||4-5|
|BASIC CONCEPTS OF ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY 2 (4 credits/units)|
and HUMAN BIOLOGY LAB 2 (5 credits/units)
|HEOC 104||HEALTH CARE DELIVERY & CAREER EXPLORATION||3|
|HEOC 120||AIDS EDUCATION||1|
|HLTH 124||HEALTHCARE PROVIDER CPR AND FIRST AID||1|
|General Education Requirements|
|or CMST&230||SMALL GROUP COMMUNICATION|
|Major Area Requirements|
|BMED 111||MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY II 2||3|
|PHAR 105||INTRODUCTION TO PHARMACY||4|
|PHAR 110||PHARMACY CALCULATIONS||3|
|PHAR 112||PHARMACOLOGY I||5|
|PHAR 114||PHARMACY PRACTICE AND TECHNOLOGY (with lab)||4|
|PHAR 118||PHARMACY EXTERNSHIP I||4|
|PHAR 119||PHARMACY EXTERNSHIP SEMINAR I||2|
|PHAR 122||PHARMACOLOGY II||5|
|PHAR 123||PHARMACY LAW||2|
|PHAR 127||PHARMACY COMPOUNDING||4|
|PHAR 128||PHARMACY EXTERNSHIP II||4|
|PHAR 129||PHARMACY EXTERNSHIP SEMINAR II||2|
|HDEV 120||PRACTICAL REASONING AND DECISION MAKING||3|
|HDEV 200||PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT||2|
|MGMT 101||PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT||3|
|MGMT 133||PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT||3|
|Select a minimum two courses from the following:||6-8|
|SURVEY OF ADDICTIONOLOGY (3 credits/units)|
|HEALTH INFORMATION PROCEDURES (5 credits/units)|
|CUSTOMER SERVICE (3 credits/units)|
|BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS (3 credits/units)|
|MOTIVATION AND PERFORMANCE (3 credits/units)|
|BIOETHICS (3 credits/units)|
Completion of ENGL 098 or equivalent with a grade of “C” or better (2.0) or placement into ENGL&101. Completion of MATH 092 or equivalent with a grade of “C” or better (2.0) or placement into MATH 090/MATH 096 (Must be 7 years current upon program entry).
Must be seven years current upon program entry.
Program outcomes are overarching skills that are emphasized and reinforced throughout several courses in a specific program; they are measurable statements that define what students should know or be able to do by the end of a certificate or degree at Clark College. After successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate interpersonal/human relations skills. (GE)
- Demonstrate and clearly explain an effective strategy to solve a quantitative problem. (GE)
- Successfully complete all criteria necessary for registration as a pharmacy tech in any state.
- Exhibit effective communication skills in interactions with patients and other healthcare professionals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of pharmacy processes and information technology to efficiently manage pharmacy staffing issues and activities.
- Demonstrate professional and clinical leadership skills in the work place while complying with laws, regulations, and ethical standards of practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of pharmacy processes and information technology to accurately and safely prepare and dispense medications in a variety of pharmacy settings.
- Articulate well-considered ideas and written claims to an academic audience, using effective rhetorical techniques, properly credited evidence, and a command of Standard English. (GE)