For more detailed information regarding registration for new, continuing or transfer students please see the registration website at

Continuing student registration access dates/times are based on cumulative credits earned.

Priority registration access is given to eligible veterans under HB 1109. Qualifying students will receive access to registration services prior to the continuing student population. Students approved for registration accommodation due to disability will also register during this time period.

Specific information on dates, deadlines, and hours of service can be found on the Clark College website at

Course Formats

Students can register for courses in several different formats including web-enhanced, hybrid and online.  See Clark College eLearning for more details on what each format requires.

Online Registration Services

The following services are available online for current Clark College students:

  • Enrollment verification
  • Change of address
  • Registration access date/time
  • Online Registration
  • Student schedule
  • Unofficial transcript
  • Waitlist inquiry
  • Degree audit (online degree audit)

Students may conveniently enroll online each term by taking advantage of online registration using their ctcLink ID   Printing student class schedule and changing student address, phone, or e-mail are other convenient options available online at

Registration Policies

Credit Maximum

Students may register online or in person for 0-20 credits. Students who wish to add excess credits (i.e., 21 or more) must make an appointment and obtain written permission from an advisor to register over the credit maximum.

Late Registration Policy

Beginning the third (3rd) day of the term, instructor permission is required to enroll into any regular starting class. 

First Week Attendance Policy

It is essential that students attend the first class meeting of their courses. If a student is unable to attend due to an emergency or conflict of a serious nature, students should contact the instructor. If the instructor is not designated in the class schedule, the student should contact either the Division Office or the Office of Instruction, which will direct the student appropriately. Students who fail to attend one (1) or more sessions during the first five (5) days of the term may be dropped from the class. Students who miss any classes during the first five (5) days are responsible for verifying their enrollment status.

Students registered in online courses must log into their course by the first day of the term and complete all first-week course requirements by their due dates. This is accomplished by accessing the Canvas course shell (unless alternate instructions have been provided by the instructor). For more information about logging into Canvas, visit eLearning Getting Started. If a student has not completed first-week course requirements set by the instructor during the first five (5) days of the term, the student may be dropped from the course.  

Note: Students who drop or are dropped by the college during the first five (5) days of the term will receive a full refund of tuition and fees, if due.  Students are responsible for verifying all transactions regarding course registration and withdraw has occurred. 

Dropping a Class and Withdrawal from the College

Students who find it necessary to withdraw from classes must do so formally. The withdrawal process can be completed online at or in person using a Change of Registration form at the Enrollment Services Office. The dates for dropping and/or withdrawing from classes are available at

  • A class officially dropped before the tenth (10th) day (eighth day in summer) of the term will not be entered on the student’s transcript.
  • After the tenth (10th) day and through the end of the term, regular starting classes formally dropped online or at the Enrollment Services Office will be posted to the student’s transcript with a withdrawal grade of “W” assigned to the class. Withdrawals will not be accepted after the day day before the term ends.
  • For courses with unusual start and end dates, withdrawals will not be accepted after the day before the term ends.
  • If the student decides not to attend, it is their responsibility to withdraw from all classes. Withdrawals will not be accepted for a class that has ended.

Administrative Withdrawal

Students unable to withdraw by the end of the term due to extenuating circumstances should contact the Enrollment Services Office for information on requesting an Administrative Withdrawal.

Auditing a Class

Any student may enroll in a course on an audit basis with instructor’s written consent and upon payment of the regular tuition and fees. Audit students will be exempt from examinations and will not receive college credit; however, the instructor may require reasonable attendance and class participation. To change from credit to audit or audit to credit, the student must complete a Change of Registration form at the Enrollment Services Office. Such changes may be made only with the written consent of the instructor and must be processed by the end of the tenth (10th) day of the term (eighth day in summer).

Student Attendance Status

Clark College considers students enrolled in twelve (12) or more credits to be full-time students. The definition of “full-time student,” however, may vary for certain agencies, such as Veterans Services, Financial Aid, Social Security, and insurance companies. Student attendance status for Financial Aid and MGIB GI Bill® Chapters 30, 31, 35, 1606, 1607, is as follows:

Financial Aid

Attendance Status Credit/Unit Hours Per Term
Full-time student 12 credit hours
Three-quarter-time student 9-11 credit hours
Half-time student 6-8 credit hours
Less than half-time student 1-5 credit hours

GI Bill® Attendance Status for Fall, Winter and Spring Terms

Attendance Status Credit/Unit Hours Per Term
Full-time student 12 credit hours
Three-quarter-time student 9-11 credit hours
Half-time student 6-8 credit hours

GI Bill® Attendance Status for Summer Term

Attendance Status Credit/Unit Hours Per Term
Full-time student 8 credit hours
Three-quarter-time student 6-7 credit hours
Half-time student 4-5 credit hours
Less than half-time 3 credits or less

Post 9/11 GI Bill® Student Attendance Status

Post 9/11 GI Bill® calculated at Rate of Pursuit. Students must be enrolled at more than half-time to receive their expected BAH.

  • 12 credits or more is considered full-time training for Post 9/11 GI Bill® for Fall, Winter, and Spring terms. (7 or more credits is required for BAH payment)
  • 8 credits or more is considered full-time training for Post 9/11 GI Bill® during Summer term only. (5 or more credits is required for BAH payment)


Students are expected to attend classes in which they are enrolled. Attendance may be a factor in grading for a course. When unavoidable absence occurs, it is the obligation of the student to notify the instructor and arrange for the make-up work deemed necessary by the instructor.  Reference the course syllabus for absence management details.

A member of the Washington National Guard or any other military reserve component who misses any form of participation/attendance in a class due to being ordered to service for 30 days or less, or requiring medical treatment for that service, is entitled to make up academic assignments without prejudice to the final course grade or evaluation. Documentation must be submitted prior to absence. Contact the Veterans Resource Center for information.

Change of Contact Information

To ensure receipt of important information, students must notify the college of any change of address, telephone, and preferred name. Offices that should be informed include Enrollment Services and Financial Aid. Student Update forms are available at the Enrollment Services Office and online at

Tuition and Fees

The first tuition due date is three weeks before the term begins. Tuition is due on a weekly basis after that:

  • Students can verify the amount of tuition and the due date by viewing their schedule at
  • Students who register Saturday through Friday must pay tuition and fees no later than the following Monday by 5:00 p.m.
  • If Monday happens to be a holiday, payment is due on Tuesday by 5:00 p.m.
  • Students who register after the 10th day of the term (8th day of summer term) must pay tuition by the end of the same business day on which they register (5:00 p.m.).

Students receiving financial aid, scholarship, agency, or veterans benefits are responsible for paying outstanding tuition and fees by the tuition due date when aid is insufficient to cover the total cost.

Students who do not pay tuition and fees will be dropped from their classes unless:

  • A tuition deadline exception has been activated on the student account.
  • The outstanding balance is $100 or less.
  • A signed agreement to participate in the STEPP deferred payment plan has been submitted and payments are up to date.
  • Registration for classes occurs after the tenth (10th) day of the term.

It is the responsibility of the student to officially withdraw from classes if they are unable to pay tuition and fees. A 100% refund will be issued through the fifth (5th) business day of each term permitting in compliance with Washington State Regulations.

Students with any outstanding debt owed to the college will:

  • Be blocked from future registration.
  • Be sent to Collections and a collection fee will be added to any tuition and/or fees outstanding at the end of the term.

Matriculation and Facilities/On-Campus Parking Fee1

Students are charged per credit hour to a maximum of twenty (20) hours for matriculation and facilities/on-campus parking.

Technology Fee1

Students are charged per credit hour to a maximum of twenty (20) hours for technology such as computer software, computer replacement, and technical lab assistance to maintain open computer labs. Other examples of technology available to students are online registration and student kiosks, and online services featured on the Clark College website.

Additional Fees

Some courses may require payment of lab or course fees in addition to or instead of tuition. These fees help the college defray expenses not funded by the state. Fees are used for specific course expenses such as breakage, hazardous waste management, consumable supplies, special materials, minor repairs, and materials that become the property of the student.

Textbooks and Supplies

The Clark College Bookstore stocks required textbooks (including the associated ISBN) and supplies as requested by classroom instructors. Also available are many supportive suggested materials to assist the student’s class preparation and participation. The store staff understands the financial impact of class materials, and thus provides the lowest prices for new textbooks of any college in this region and diligently pursues and stocks as many used textbooks as possible, partly supplied from a student book buyback program. In addition, the store offers a number of other affordability services for Clark students, such as textbook and calculator rentals, hold services, peer-to-peer exchange and much more. To obtain current book and supply lists and receive assistance in cost estimating, please visit the Clark College Bookstore on the main Clark College campus or visit its website at

Financial Obligations of the Student

Students are expected to meet their financial obligations to the college. Clark College staff will act in accordance with adopted procedures and, if necessary, initiate legal action to ensure that collection matters are brought to a timely and satisfactory conclusion. Collection fees will be added to debts owed the college.

Admission to or registration with Clark College and other college services, will be withheld for failure to meet financial obligations.

Refund Policy

A student who officially withdraws through the Enrollment Services Office may receive a refund of tuition and certain fees. The complete Refund Policy is printed in the college information section of this catalog and is available online at

Students who believe extenuating circumstances justify an exception to the policy may make a formal request at the Enrollment Services Office. Exceptions may be granted for extreme, extenuating, urgent, and unavoidable circumstances that prevent a student from withdrawing within the established guidelines. Students receiving financial aid should contact the Financial Aid office as soon as possible to discuss the impact of requesting an exception due to federal financial aid guidelines.

Grades and Records

Grade Legend

Clark College uses the grading symbols listed below. The grades A, B, C, and D may include pluses (+) and minuses (-).

Letter Grade Grade Point
A 4.0
A- 3.7
B+ 3.3
B 3.0
B- 2.7
C+ 2.3
C 2.0
C- 1.7
D+ 1.3
D 1.0
D- 0.7
F 0.0
I Incomplete
N Audit
S Satisfactory (credit only, no grade points)
U Unsatisfactory (no credit, no grade points)
W Offical Withdrawl

Transfer of Grades

The grades assigned in transferable courses by the sending institution shall not be altered by the receiving institution. Courses completed with a grade of "D" or above shall normally be accepted in transfer (except at The Evergreen State College, where a minimum of 2.0 or "C" is required for transfer). Nontraditional grading practices require special handling, depending on the nature and circumstances of the program from which and to which a student is transferring, but receiving institutions shall take steps to assure all students equitable treatment.

Grade Information

Students enrolled in credit classes may obtain grade information approximately eight (8) days after the end of each term. Students may access grades at a college student information kiosk or through the Clark College website:

Grade Point Average (GPA)

Grade points are calculated by multiplying the number of credit hours for each course by the decimal grade appropriate for the grade earned. The term GPA is computed by adding the total number of grade points for the term and dividing by the total number of credits attempted in courses that received a letter grade. 

Credit/Unit Hrs Attempted Grade Grade Points Earned
5 B+ = 3.3 16.5
3 C = 2.0 6.0
8 Total Credits/Units 22.5 Total Grade Points

Dividing 22.5 by 8 computes to a grade point average of 2.81.

The student’s cumulative grade point average may be obtained by adding the total number of grade points for all terms and dividing by the total number of credits attempted in the courses that received a letter grade.

Incomplete Grades

An incomplete grade may be given if the instructor is satisfied that unavoidable circumstances have prevented the student from completing the course work and the student has requested this option. 

The incomplete grade remains on the student's transcript for 90 (ninety) days, or until the student completes the required work and the instructor submits an amended grade to the Enrollment Services office. If the instructor does not submit an amended grade within 90 (ninety) days the 'I' grade is given at the instructor's discretion and requires a contract to finish remaining course work.  The student and instructor must fill out a contract form that identifies specific requirements to be completed.  One copy of the contract is retained by the instructor and one given to the student.  Unless otherwise specified, 'I' grade will revert to 'F' for a letter graded course or 'U' for a Pass/No Pass course.

Incomplete grades can impact Financial Aid funding, please refer to the Satisfactory Progress Policy at

Pass/No Pass

Students may request to enroll in approved courses on a Pass/No Pass (PNP) basis. Students must contact the Enrollment Services Office for information about courses approved for this option. No more than sixty (60) credits from 100 or 200 level courses taken for pass/no pass will be allowed toward the Associate in Arts degree, Associate in Science degree, the Associate in Applied Science degree, the Associate in Applied Technology degree, or Bachelors of Applied Science. Students must earn a grade of “C” or better (2.00 GPA) to be given a “Satisfactory” grade in a pass/no pass course. An “Unsatisfactory” grade will be posted for students earning less than a “C” grade. Students planning to transfer to a university should contact that institution to determine their policy for acceptance of pass/no pass courses.

Repeating a Course

Students may repeat a course taken at Clark College in order to improve their skills or the course grade. All course repeats must comply with the Procedures for Repeating a Course.
• The course repeat policy only applies to courses that are taken at Clark College.
• A course may be repeated only twice (taken a total of three times) unless otherwise specified in the college catalog.
• Credit for any course is earned only once (except for courses designed to be taken multiple times, as noted in the course catalog).
• Only the highest grade awarded will be used in computing the Clark College GPA.
• Each grade received will remain on the student's transcript; ta repeat notion will be posted to the transcript for these courses.
• Courses must be repeated for a letter grade unless the course is offered only as pass/fail.
• The course repeat process DOES NOT apply to grade symbols: N, Y or S.
• The Clark College repeat policy may or may not be recognized by other institutions, it is at their sole discretion.
• To repeat a course, students must re-register and pay all necessary tuition and fees.

Setting Aside Past Record

Qualified students may set aside a previous substandard academic record that does not reflect their true ability at Clark College. Setting aside does not expunge the previous record, but places a “grade forgiveness” notation on the student’s transcript, marking the term from which the college will calculate a new GPA for determining probation, eligibility, or honors at graduation. Students may not count credits set aside to fulfill credit requirements for graduation. Students should understand that the record to be set aside includes all courses taken before the term selected by the student, and those courses may not be used to satisfy future course prerequisites.

Students may set aside a previous record if:

  • They have earned fifteen (15) credits at Clark College beyond the term to be set aside.
  • They have a 2.50 GPA at Clark College for these credits.
  • The work to be set aside is at least one (1) year old.

Petition forms are available at the Enrollment Services Office in Gaiser Hall. 

Caution: Although Clark College makes provisions for setting aside past records, students should not assume that other colleges to which they transfer will compute their GPA in the same manner. Only the Clark College record can be set aside; the college cannot set aside records from other colleges. Financial aid students will still be subject to federal regulations that require all attempted credits be counted toward completion of an initial degree. 

Grade Change/Error

Students who believe an error has been made in recording their grades should contact the Enrollment Services Office and their instructor. If a recording error has been made, it will be corrected. Grade changes are made at the discretion of the instructor. The grade change must be submitted directly to Enrollment Services Office by the instructor.  Grade changes and corrections made for veterans and financial aid recipients must also be reported to the Office of Veterans Affairs and/or the Financial Aid Office.

Grade changes must be made no later than the end of the second term following the term the student attended the class.

Grade Change/Academic Appeal Policy

An academic appeal refers to a claim by a student that a specific grade assigned to the student by an instructor is the result of an arbitrary or capricious application of otherwise valid standards of academic evaluation, or to a student’s claim that the instructor has made an arbitrary or capricious decision or taken an arbitrary or capricious action which adversely affects the student’s academic standing.

The student must file a written complaint within ninety (90) calendar days after termination of the course. The appropriate instructional dean or supervisor may suspend this rule only under exceptional circumstances such as extended illness, sabbatical leave, or absence of one or both parties involved in the complaint. Grade appeal process forms are available through the instructional deans’ offices or the Office of Instruction.

Students having complaints relative to academic performance evaluation should follow the steps below:

  • Step 1: The student should complete a grade appeal process form and discuss the complaint with the instructor. If the complaint is not resolved, proceed to Step 2.
  • Step 2: The student should speak to the appropriate division chair. The division chair must notify the student within fifteen (15) working days of the resolution after the meeting with the student. If the student is not satisfied with the resolution, the student should proceed to Step 3.
  • Step 3: The student will provide a written statement describing the nature of the appeal to the instructional dean or supervisor. A meeting will then be scheduled with the student, the instructional dean or supervisor, and the instructor to discuss the appeal. The instructor will receive a copy of the student’s written material prior to the meeting. A decision by the dean or supervisor will be made within fifteen (15) days of the meeting. The decision by the dean or supervisor will be final and cannot be appealed further.

Confidentiality of Records

Clark College has adopted procedures in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) as amended, and maintains confidentiality of student records. College employees are trained to comply with information release guidelines.

With few exceptions, parties outside of school officials will not have access to student records without the written consent of the student. Clark College will not release a student’s record to a parent/ guardian without the student’s written request. This policy is in effect regardless of the student’s age or financial dependency upon the parent or guardian. The college may release student directory information without student consent. Directory information includes student’s name, major field of study, enrollment status, dates of attendance, participation in recognized sports, degrees and certificates earned, term degrees and certificates awarded, and honors.  In compliance with state law (SB5509), Clark College no longer uses the student’s Social Security number for the purpose of student identification. This law is intended to add additional protection to the student’s identity.

The college will assign all students a ctcLink Identification (ID). Students are required to use their assigned ctcLink ID to access their records, register for classes, pay tuition, etc. For a copy of SB5509 or for additional information regarding this process, students may contact the Enrollment Services Office.


A transcript of each student’s educational record is maintained in the Enrollment Services Office. An official transcript is signed by the Registrar, has the college seal attached and is provided in a sealed envelope. To obtain an official transcript, students should go online to to place an order. Transcripts will be mailed to any college, university or other agency upon receipt of the request within five (5) business days. There is also a rush transcript option available. There is a fee for all official transcripts. For current fee information please go to our website. Transcripts will not be faxed.

Students may obtain an unofficial transcript through the Clark College website,; at student information kiosks; or by visiting the Enrollment Services Office in Gaiser Hall.

Vice President’s List

A Vice President’s List will be compiled at the end of each academic term to recognize outstanding student achievement at Clark College. To qualify for the list, a student must earn at least twelve (12) credits of graded course work and a GPA of 3.75 or higher. The credits from courses in which a student receives an “I,” “S,” or “Y” will not count toward the twelve (12) credit minimum. Students who qualify for the list will receive a congratulatory letter from the Vice President of Instruction and a notation will be made on the student’s transcript.