Survey & Geomatics Technician - Boundary (CP)
Academic Plans, known as programs, include a overview description and a summary of program requirements. You can search the online catalog via the the Academic Plan links on the right for a desired program or a specific course information.
|General Education Requirements|
|PTWR 135||INTRODUCTION TO APPLIED TECHNICAL WRITING (recommended)||5|
|MATH 103||COLLEGE TRIGONOMETRY||5|
|CMST&210||INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION (recommended)||5|
|Major Area Requirements|
|CADD 140||BASIC AUTOCAD||4|
|or ENGR 140||BASIC AUTOCAD|
|SURV 104||COMPUTATION AND PLATTING||5|
|SURV 121||FIELD SURVEY I||5|
|or ENGR 121||FIELD SURVEY I|
|SURV 122||FIELD SURVEY II||5|
|SURV 123||PROFESSIONAL ETHICS||1|
|SURV 163||ROUTE SURVEYING||5|
|SURV 202||BOUNDARY SURVEYS||4|
|SURV 203||LEGAL DESCRIPTIONS||3|
|SURV 223||BOUNDARY LAW I||3|
|SURV 264||SURVEY SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS||4|
To learn more about this program's employment outlook, approximate cost and potential careers, please visit the Gainful Employment Program Information page.
Program outcomes are overarching skills that are emphasized and reinforced throughout several courses in a specific program; they are measurable statements that define what students should know or be able to do by the end of a certificate or degree at Clark College. After successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Articulate well-considered ideas and written claims to an academic audience, using effective rhetorical techniques, properly credited evidence, and a command of Standard English. (GE)
- Demonstrate and clearly explain an effective strategy to solve a quantitative problem. (GE)
- Demonstrate interpersonal/human relations skills. (GE)
- Apply problem solving skills as a member of a professional team in a field crew.
- Communicate in written form, verbally, and graphically with surveyors and engineers.
- Demonstrate use of modern technology, industry standard software, and tools to collect, analyze and interpret data for surveying solutions.
- Practice a code of ethics prescribed by the professional organizations and state codes.