Small Business Management (CP)(Plan Code: SBMSMC45)
Academic Plans, known as programs, include an overview description and a summary of program requirements. You can search the online catalog via the Academic Plan links on the right for a desired program or a specific course information.
|General Education Requirements|
|English Composition I (5 credits/units)|
|BUS 102||Business Math Applications||5|
|BUS 148||Business Professional Self Development||3|
|Business Core Course|
|ACCT 129||Basic Accounting Procedures||5|
|BUS 150||Computer Business Applications||5|
|BUS& 101||Introduction to Business||5|
|ECON 101||Introduction to Economics||3|
|MGMT 101||Principles of Management||3|
|Major Area Requirements|
|BUS 115||Small Business Management||5|
|BUS& 201||Business Law||5|
|BUS 199||Cooperative Work Experience 1||1-5|
|COLL 101||College Essentials: Introduction to Clark||2|
Minimum of three credits/units required for program completion
Program outcomes are overarching skills that are emphasized and reinforced throughout several courses in a specific program; they are measurable statements that define what students should know or be able to do by the end of a certificate or degree at Clark College. After successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Articulate well-considered ideas and written claims to an academic audience, using effective rhetorical techniques, properly credited evidence, and a command of Standard English. (GE)
- Demonstrate interpersonal/human relations skills. (GE)
- Demonstrate and clearly explain an effective strategy to solve a quantitative problem. (GE)
- Prepare a business plan.
- Analyze a target market and develop product, pricing, promotion, and distribution strategies to meet customers' needs at a profit.
- Describe the U.S. legal system and the legal environment of business by outlining the basic principles of law that apply to business transactions.
Program maps are a suggested academic plan and should not be used in the place of regular academic advising appointments. Your student entry method, placement, course availability, and program requirements are subject to change and transfer credit(s) may change your map/plan.
To view the current suggested map for your program please visit our website https://programmap.clark.edu/academics