Diesel Technician (CP)
Academic Plans, known as programs, include a overview description and a summary of program requirements. You can search the online catalog via the the Academic Plan links on the right for a desired program or a specific course information.
|General Education Requirements|
|PTWR 135||INTRODUCTION TO APPLIED TECHNICAL WRITING (recommended)||5|
|PTCS 110||PROFESSIONAL TECHNICAL COMPUTATIONAL SKILLS (recommended)||5|
|CMST&230||SMALL GROUP COMMUNICATION||5|
|or CMST&210||INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION|
|Major Area Requirements|
|DIES 111||DIESEL FUNDAMENTALS||5|
|DIES 112||DIESEL PROCEDURES||10|
|DIES 113||DIESEL ENGINES/FUEL SYSTEMS||5|
|DIES 114||DIESEL PROCEDURES||10|
|DIES 115||DRIVE TRAINS||5|
|DIES 116||DIESEL PROCEDURES||10|
|DIES 120||BASIC ELECTRICAL||3|
|DIES 121||ELECTRONIC ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS||3|
|DIES 122||ELECTRONIC VEHICLE CONTROL SYSTEMS||3|
|DIES 221||ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS||5|
|DIES 222||DIESEL PROCEDURES||6|
|DIES 223||HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS||5|
|DIES 224||DIESEL PROCEDURES||10|
|DIES 225||BRAKES, STEERING, AND SUSPENSION||5|
|DIES 226||DIESEL PROCEDURES||10|
|Suggested Extra Courses for Preparation into the Trade|
|BUS 110||CUSTOMER SERVICE||3|
|DIES 096||CUMMINS ENGINES||3|
|DIES 135||INDUSTRIAL HYDRAULICS||3|
To learn more about this program's employment outlook, approximate cost and potential careers, please visit the Gainful Employment Program Information page.
Program outcomes are overarching skills that are emphasized and reinforced throughout several courses in a specific program; they are measurable statements that define what students should know or be able to do by the end of a certificate or degree at Clark College. After successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Articulate well-considered ideas and written claims to an academic audience, using effective rhetorical techniques, properly credited evidence, and a command of Standard English. (GE)
- Demonstrate interpersonal/human relations skills. (GE)
- Demonstrate and clearly explain an effective strategy to solve a quantitative problem. (GE)
- Troubleshoot engines, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, power train systems, brakes, steering, and suspension systems.
- Repair engines, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, power train systems, brakes, steering, and suspension systems.
- Comply with personal and environmental safety practices that relate to the diesel powered Industry.
- Evaluate and use technical information from a variety of resources.